This course is designed to teach you the knowledge and skills to deal with a sick or injured dog until veterinary care is available. The topics are covered in-depth so that students have a thorough understanding of the principles of canine first aid.
Since this is a very comprehensive course, we need your full attention and dogs do not come to class.
Included in the class is a 116 page DOGSAFE® training and reference manual
($18.95 retail value).
Hours: 8 hours
Maximum: 12 students
Minimum Age: 14 yrs/10 yrs if parent also enrolled
Registration fee: $149.00 (taxes not included)
Continuing Education Credits Approved by: CCPDT (7), IACP, (7) and IAAB
Next classes is Sunday, January 27th, 2019, 9am-5pm at our Pitt Meadows facility.
In DOGSAFE® 101, You will Learn How to:• prevent common injuries
• conduct a head to tail assessment
• tell if your dog is experiencing pain
• recognize 4 signs of illness or injury
• respond to any emergency in 4 easy steps
• safely approach an injured dog
• take your dog's vital signs and 3 other health tests
• perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• perform artificial respiration
• remove an airway obstruction (choking)
• prevent and treat for shock
• control deadly bleeding
• deal with penetrating objects
• prevent and treat eye injuries
• prevent and treat abdominal wounds
• recognize risk factors and respond to bloat
• prevent and respond to drowning
• assess and respond to bone and joint injuries
• prevent and respond to poisonings
• prevent and respond to frostbite and hypothermia
• prevent and respond to heatstroke
• treat minor burns
• treat various wounds