In DOGSAFE® 201, You will Learn How to:• read canine body language
• muzzle your dog with commercial and impromptu muzzles
• restrain your dog in a standing, sitting and laying down position
• transport your dog, with and without a stretcher
• take your dog's vital signs
• assess 3 other health tests
• practice proper positioning for artificial respiration (AR)
• practice proper positioning for cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) - practice proper positioning for obstructed airway (choking)
• practice wound management, including bandaging eyes, ears, paws & tail
• assess for a bone or joint injury
This is all about hands-on practice with live dogs while under the supervision of a DOGSAFE® instructor. We do not force the dogs to do anything beyond their comfort zone and offer lots of intermissions and bathroom breaks.
All dogs must have vaccinations for canine distemper, canine parvovirus and rabies within the last three years. We also accept serum antibody titer tests.